Quote

Saturday, March 31, 2007

I so disagree with this...

This is a small and upcoming search engine. Even though I'm the hugest fan of Google, I usually don't neglect new search engines. So, I just give them a try. If only to size them up against Google and feel satisfied that GOOG is still the king.
But this new search engine is just wrong.
According to the guys at Jobacle.com
Webmasters or Web site owners can control the position of their listings in the directory by bidding high. The more you're willing to pay - the higher on the search engine you'll appear. The top 10 listings are shown on the homepage, while the top 20 listings are shown on the top links page.

This absolutely kills the democratization of the Internet that Google tries to do.

2 comments:

airy voices said...

this is so weird.. i wrote about this very thing a while ago, except i was thinking what would happen if google started giving priority.. scary huh?

where's meltdown tuesday?? its been a week!!

niTin said...

Only difference: I had an example.
Anyway. There must be something wrong with my stats; for the past week, I don't think I got any visitors... so that kind of de-motivated me.
I'll try to churn out one by tonight... no promises though.