Quote

Saturday, October 07, 2006

I don't like sugary things anyway.

UNICEF Meeting Two:
I assume my place next to the Sugar Lady I met last week. Duh.
She's obviously okay with it too. At this time I was re-reading "The Great Indian Bores".
"You're always reading. What is this one about?" she asks
"Um, this is written by this Indian editor par excellence. It is about the political situation in India and all. Yep, it's Indian."
"Is it written in Indian?"
"Huh? there is no language called Indian..." then a long lecture about the variety of languages in India.
Then we move out.
I question about her internet habits.
She has never heard of Wikipedia. No, there was no mistake in the previous sentence. She-has-never-heard-of-the-Wiki-pedia. And when I actually tell her about it, she says that it is so random and chaotic, how can it give trustworthy information?
She didn't know the meaning of 'blog'. And she has no email apart from the one furnished to her by the Uni.
Eeps.
Is it because light travels faster than sound that some people look attractive until they speak?

2 comments:

Panacea said...

OMG, she's never heard of Wikipedia? Okay, this is rather weird! sigh. We need to find you a new crush :)

Anyways, I just tagged you for a silly meme.

niTin said...

"she's never heard of Wikipedia"
Yep she hasn't.
"find you a new crush"
I know... I'm running out of people to fall for.