Quote

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Getting my foot In-dore

This post is an honest and exact representation of a dialog I had with my aunt.
Aunt: Shirley Auntie called today. She asked about you.
Me: Really? That's nice of her.
Aunt: She asks of you often.
(Silence for a while)
I think it's nothing. I've known Shirley auntie since I was a little kid.
Aunt: Shirley Auntie told you not to run after any girls. Her elder sister has a daughter who's studying nursing in Indore. She says that the girl is quite pretty.
Me: gasp. What?
Auntie: You heard me. Shirley Auntie's asked for your email address

Who is this girl? She could be a yahoo-using non-entity for all I care. But who cares about my opinion?
Hmph. But there's something so very convenient about arranged marriages. And if it doesn't work out... you could always blame your parents.

8 comments:

The Poodle's Friend said...

OMG, Nitin! When's the wedding?

niTin said...

Dunno yet.
By the look of things that would be decided by my parents too.
The only thing I'll get to do is pay for the college education of the little bastards.
(note: I tried framing the last sentence without profanity... just didn't work out)

Neha said...

you know the first thought tht came into my head on reading this was... how old are you?lol..

well arranged marriages are not wat they used to be..yet, the idea is still tough to digest...the idea of marrying someone u dont noe so well..but then, do u really know anyone before u live with them..

niTin said...

Oooh. Neha's full of wisdom today.
I'm only nineteen. I haven't even gotten accustomed to the idea of not having to use the bib yet, and they talk of my marriage already. sob.

And yeah, it's true. You really can't know someone until you've lived with them.

Szerelem said...

oh dear this is hilarious =P

Btw, I have to thank you for the link to the Persian radio station....they play excellent music...

niTin said...

Your very welcome...
Anything for someone who appreciates.

Neha said...

19!!! thts child marriage :P

poor u...gotta start suffering this abhi se :P

niTin said...

It is isn't?
I know, it's sad too. They intend us to get to talk and know each other etc... you know long term.