Quote

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Those garage bands actually have a point

Ever since Google bought the old garage where it made its humble beginning, I have been thinking about garages.
American garages are strange places. The first time I came here I was so surprised to find that people actually parked their cars out in the open, and kept all their junk in the garage. Pah, Americans, I would sigh. Yet, garages seem to be the breeding ground for all things ingenious. Bill Gates built his empire from one. And I can certainly think of many bands that began in teenagers' garages. And now Google.
So let us all stop school and shack up in our garages. Finish that novel that's been tinkering around in our head for a while, perfect the programme that could change the world, improve those guitar riffs, anything. Anything that would eventually make billions. I can think of a couple of things to do with billions, can't you?

6 comments:

Neha said...

aha!look who im seeing after a long time :)

lol...i have so much to finish, how do i pick wat wud make the billions? :P

niTin said...

You nailed me on that one...

The Poodle's Friend said...

HA! Have you seen the film Envy, with Jack Black? Well, basically, he invents something called Vapooriser, which makes poo vaporise. And I think he makes it in a garage.
OK, went off on a tangent there. Anyway, the first half hour of the movie is great, then it gets stupid. Maybe because I watched it on a plane.

niTin said...

Wasn't it a totally pointless movie?
And well quite a poitless post come to think of it

The Poodle's Friend said...

OMG, Nitin, you've actually seen Envy? I thought I was the only one!

niTin said...

*Sheepish blush*
Well back home we only had one english channel and we had to watch whatever was on. So they played Envy one time... I couldn't bear to watch for more than 1 hour or something though.
So no, you're not alone.
Oh, the tyranny of mindless corporations- forcing us do hopeless things.